ONLINE STORE IS *OPEN* ~ PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING
Please check here first when ordering for upcoming temporary closures due to vacations, holidays or inventories which could alter or delay the delivery of your order. Thank you.
Calcivet - Liquid Calcium
A strong liquid Calcium and Vitamin D3 formula to be used as an in-water or in-feed supplement. Aids in molting birds feather development. A "must" in preparation for the molting and breeding seasons.
Calcivet will dramatically improve egg shell quality and bone strength. Helps tremendously in egg hatchability and if used with Frisky Finches other products will eliminate egg binding in the Gouldian finch!
Calcivet is administered to breeding birds for one month prior to egg laying and until the baby birds leave the nest.
Composition (guaranteed analysis):
Calcium (Ca++) as Calcium borogluconate 33.0 g/L
Vitamin D3 25000i.u/L
Magnesium (Mg++) as Magnesium sulphate 2.0 g/L
This product does not have to be refrigerated and will not produce mold.
Mix 20 mL in each liter of drinking water or pour 5 mL over a cup of soaked seed.
Individual bird dose is 0.2 mL per 100 g body weight.
- Liquid Calcium and Vitamin D3 supplement for birds. Calcivet is also suitable for small animals.
- It is in a palatable syrup that can be diluted in drinking water or administered directly to the bird.
- When used as directed Calcivet will not only supply Calcium but will supplement the birds Vitamin D levels and will boost magnesium intake.
- These three elements are necessary for the production of egg shells and strong bones.
- Calcivet can be used in egg bound birds to aid in the expulsion of the egg and in cases of soft shelled eggs to deliver calcium to the shell glad.
- Calcivet should be administered to breeding birds for approximately one month prior to egg laying and through the chick rearing period.
- Calcivet can be used with Aviclens, Soluvet, Coccivet but not Psittavet.